Start a new topic

A function to retrieve THE WEEK DAY NUMBER based on a date

A way to find the Day number in a Week from a Date field : dd-mm-yyyy

functionWeekday (14-05-2019 ) = 2

1>Monday

2>Tuesday

etc ...

returning the Day number in Numeric format, allows to display the day name later in whatever language. 

1) I have been testing the WikiBook Method in "Google Drive" and it seems to work perfectly well - but - only on dates starting in ....1899  (not since 1563 as wiki states)

I dont know if its a limitation of GoogleDrive since I could only test the formula in Sheets.

For dates prior to 1899 an error #NUM! is returned

2) it was used 4 lines of code but can probably be joined in to just 1 line.

3) Tested code is as follow - see image

@Kuiky - I'd like to clarify are you simply looking to output a full date a day of week. 

So: 5/16/2019 should show: "Saturday" or are you trying to use these in formulas? I'd love to understand further so we can figure out how we should implement this.

As far as making it a number so it can be converted into any language, we can easily offer a way to customize the days of the week to your local language as well if that's all you're looking to do. 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this ;-) 

Yes, I d like to have the feature;

STEP1

to retreive a day o the week (number 1 to 7), from a date.

i.e. 12/22/1982 = 4

STEP2

from tadabase form rule I would then like to convert this number to a day.

i.e:

if field "weekday" = 4 then display "Thu"

each form can then be localized in the respective language.

So it is BOTH needs STEP1 and STEP2 that needs to be satisfied in someways !

Thanks 

Hi,

any progress on this point ?

without a way to display a value and record the corresponding one...I´m bumping into a major issue.

I dont see how the end user would enter some "formated data...

hence...no hope to build an App with that kind of limitation...

1 person likes this

Extention of the date-format is also an solution which you allready made but not in language I want (Dutch).  Or like Kuiky explaned with the connection to language selected?

Hi,

It would also be nice to grab the week number (1 to 52) for a date or even a date for a day in a certain week number

Thanks

Dan

Login or Signup to post a comment