Start a new topic
Implemented

Add a Connected Record from an Add Form

Hi,

I would like the option in the "Add Form" to choose if the user can add a record to a connected table if it doesn't exist on a Connection Field type.

Of course also be able to set the name/text and/or an Icon/button.

So with a Companies table and a Contacts Company linked together you could start to add a Contact then find they don't yet have a company so add t while in the add contacts screen (Popup/Modal) and then carry on adding the contact rather than cancelling the contact or linking it to another company if a required field then going to Companies and creating a Company and then going back to Contacts to add or update the Company.

Thanks

Dan

1 person likes this idea

Hey Dan!

This is on our timeline! I will connect this forum to our internal feature tracking software so I can update you here once it has been implemented.

Thanks,

Menachem

Hi,

I see this marked as implemented now but I don't see an option in a field on my Add Form to allow adding a record to that connected table??

Thanks

Dan

Hi,

OK, Its there now...

I would like to be able to set the Dialog Title (The part saying "Add New Record" today) not just add another Title below.

And also style the Add button of better still as per my comments above have the choices of Icon, Button or Text and the ability to style them as we do with most other things today.

Thanks

Dan

Login or Signup to post a comment