Start a new topic

Option to delete menu when you delete a page

Hi,

Today when you delete a page, if a menu item is linked to that page it deletes that menu item and all its children, it should ask if you want to delete menu items or just unlink them so you can choose "Unlink" (Default) or Remove.

So I had created all my menu items with many levels and then I added a new page and linked a parent menu item to that page but it didn't allow me to do what i wanted so i deleted the page only to lose all the menu items that I had created before even having the page, very annoying.

Thanks

Dan

Hey Dan,

I'm sorry to hear you accidentally deleted a menu item by deleting a page! For the future reference, before you delete a page make sure you unlink the menu item by linking it to another page or by selecting nothing "Select Any" (see image below)

On the other side - I like it that when deleting some testing purpose page, the menu also get auto-updated so that one doesn t have to get back to a Menu to - also - modify this one - and having to remember all the other deleted pages that might be linked somewhere to more outdated menus...}

a Warning could be useful though in some cases..

:) 

Hi,

Yes I don't mean change it to not delete it as sometimes that is also what you want, I would rather just an option when you delete a page so you can delete the page and the menu as today but also chose to delete just the page and unlink the menu in one click rather than a warning so you then have to cancel deleting the page, navigate to the template, then the menu component then the menu item then save and navigate back to the page to delete, lots of clicks when the system could do this behind the scenes.

Thanks

Dan

1 person likes this

Correct, I meant something similar  by warnings....:)

1)Warning - do you want to delete the Menu Link along?

yes, Also delete corresponding Menu Link.

No, Just delete this page, not any Menu Link{s}  - {which I dont know if Tadabase can supports it}

Cancel - Cancel op.

Hi,

OK, yes that was what I was meaning too:

it should ask if you want to delete menu items or just unlink them so you can choose "Unlink" (Default) or Remove.

Thanks

Dan

Login or Signup to post a comment