Start a new topic

Ability to add a Button, Link, Icon, etc to a Detail Page

Hi,

I would like to be able to add a button or link or similar to a Detail page and set the url or variables in the url to a field value for that record and set the options such as opening in a new tab/page.

So as an example a button with a fixed url with variables that come from the record so https://domain.ext?var_1={field1.Val}&var_2={field2.val}

Thanks

Dan

Hey Dan!

We don't have an option to do this from a button, but you can do this from within a form. One issue would be that the field must be present in the form for it to be used in the URL. 

If you open any form and go to "Submit Rules" and set the Action to "Redirect to another website URL" you'll be able to include URL parameters into that request as either a GET (in the URL) or POST. I recommend using requestbin for testing purposes.

Hi,

No I mean on a Detail Page not on a Form so we won't have Form Rules.

I mean for example just a simple button on a detail page that uses a fields value from that detail pages record so a field could be an ID so then a button on that detail page could open another website page like this: https://another-domain.ext?id={field1.Val}

So for example a listing or product on a website that has an ID or SKU so when clicked it opens that other website on that product directly by using the field variable you passed from tadabase as a url from the button href.

But I like the Submit Rules but what about authentication, cross domain, etc. and handling Edit Rules and Delete Rules so if posting to another system you can also update and delete on that system when updated or deleted here, maybe your zapier will handle that.

Thanks

Dan

Hey Dan,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, once we release API/Zapier functionality this will all be possible! The aim is to have this all ready during the forth quarter of 2019. 

For now the only option we have for something similar is in form record rules as shown above.

Hi,

OK, but this is a different request to the rules/API side, this is just the ability to create a custom Button, Link, Icon, etc. on the Detail Page with a url with variables from that detail pages record (Hidden as well as visible fields would be good) so on the Details page you could have a Button that says "Click here for more details" that opens another url and passed the field values in the url to open another website on a specific item.

Thanks

Dan

Login or Signup to post a comment