The data builder is where all your data is stored and structured to form the data foundation of your app.
The builder consists of several sections, each designed to help you build your data structures as quickly and efficiently as possible. We'll go through each section and define its purpose and utility:
1) Data Tables - Each data table that you add will be listed here. Think of each data table the same way you would think of tabs on the bottom of an excel spreadsheet. Each data table will have a name, optional icon, and description. The following image shows what a sample data table would look like with a name, icon, and description:
2) Fields - This section is where you add fields to your data tables. Think of fields as columns in a spreadsheet. Each data table consists of multiple fields, and you would add each field in this section. You can choose from over 30 fields to define your data, including basic fields like names and numbers and more advanced fields like signatures and formulas. Select any field to add it into your data table. For more in-depth detail on each field type, click here: Fields.
3) Added Fields - When a field is added into the data table it will appear in the 3rd column. In this 3rd column you'll see the field type, field name and buttons providing the ability to re-order, edit and delete the field:
4) New Table- To add a new table, click "Add Table"
Search - To search within your tables, just start typing in the search window
5) Data Table Navigation - This is where you can navigate more settings and options within each data table for quick access to the fields, records, settings, etc. for each data table:
- Fields - to view, add, edit, or delete fields within your data table
- Records - to view, modify or delete records in this data table
- Settings - to choose custom options for each data table. Scroll ahead to see a list of custom options offered within the Settings tab
- Imports - to create import templates. Scroll ahead for in-depth description of the Imports tab.
- Tasks - to create tasks to be triggered for records within this table
1)Fields Tab is the page which gives you the field options so you can add, edit, and delete fields in this data table:
2) Records Tab - view, modify and delete any records contained inside the current data table:
3) Settings Tab - use this tab to modify settings, including:
Plural Table Name - ex: "Customers"
Singular Table Name - ex: "Customer"
Description - add a description of your data table for your convenience. This is especially useful when you have many data tables.
Icon - add an icon to your data table to help identify and organize your tables for maximum productivity
Default display field - set the default field when using connections
Search Engine friendly settings - when this is enabled, the field selected will be used in the URL of details pages instead of the record ID for SEO benefits.
4) Imports - create import templates to make future imports easier to manage. For detailed instructions on creating import templates, click here: Import Templates
5) Tasks - Create tasks to be performed during certain times based on certain criteria that you define. For instance, you can set a task to run every Monday with an email to each customer confirming the customer's orders for the week.