This article is outdated.
We have moved our support docs to a new location.
Please click here to go to our new support docs.
The Data Builder is where all your data is stored and structured to form the data foundation of your app.
The builder consists of several sections, each designed to help you build your data structures as quickly and efficiently as possible. We'll go through each section and define its purpose and utility:
1) Data Tables - Each data table that you add will be listed here. Think of each data table the same way you would think of tabs on the bottom of an excel spreadsheet. Each data table will have a name and optional icon. The following image shows what a sample data table would look like with a name and icon:
2) Fields - This section is where you add fields to your data tables. Think of fields as columns in a spreadsheet. Each data table consists of multiple fields, and you would add each field in this section. You can choose from over 30 fields to define your data, including basic fields like names and numbers and more advanced fields like signatures and formulas. Select any field to add it into your data table. For more in-depth detail on each field type, click here: Fields.
3) Added Fields - When a field is added into the data table it will appear in the 3rd section defined above. In this portion, you'll see the field type, field name and buttons providing the ability to re-order, edit and delete the field:
4) New Table - To add a new table, click Add Table.
Search - To search within your tables, just start typing in the search box.
5) Data Table Navigation - This is where you can navigate more settings and options within each data table for quick access to the fields, records, settings, etc. for each data table:
- Fields - View, add, edit, or delete fields.
- Records - View, edit, or delete records.
- Settings - Choose custom options.
- Imports - Create import templates.
- Exports - Create export templates.
- Tasks - Create tasks to be triggered.
A) Fields Tab is the page which gives you the field options so you can add, edit, and delete fields in this data table:
B) Records Tab allows you to view, modify and delete any records contained inside the current data table. You can also add fields to the table on the rightmost side of the records.
C) Settings Tab is where table details can be defined and modified.
Icons appear in your Data Tables list and are an easy additional identifying factor to reference.
Default Display Fields are used when the table's records are referenced in connected records.
Default Sort Fields and Default Sort Field Orders are referenced in Table and List Components as display preferences.
When Search Engine Friendly Settings are enabled, the field selected will be used in the URL of details pages instead of the record ID for SEO benefits.
D) Imports Tab allows creation of import templates to make future csv imports easier to manage. For detailed instructions on creating import templates, click here: Import Templates
E) Exports Tab allows creation of export templates.
F) Tasks Tab is where you can create tasks to be performed during certain times based on certain criteria that you define. For instance, you can set a task to run every Monday with an email to each customer confirming the customer's orders for the week.