Text Fields hold basic text and will be the first default field on your table if none are defined prior to creating your table.
- The Name for your text field will help define what this text represents.
- Descriptions can be a good tool to keep track of further information to describe the field.
- The Max Length Type can be changed between Small and Medium. Currently, the length of text fields regardless of length type is 255 characters.
- You may define whether the value of this field must be Unique per the records in this table.
- A Placeholder can be configured to show text in a form field without populating the field with a value. Placeholders are only visible when no text is entered in the field.
- The Default Form Value can be configured as well. Unlike Placeholders, this value can be set by default to submit on a form.
Below are some examples of Text Fields in forms.
No Placeholder or Default Form Value configured.
Placeholder configured with no Default Form Value.
Default Form Value configured.