This article is outdated.
We have moved our support docs to a new location.
Please click here to go to our new support docs.
Name Fields are fields designed to store components of a name.
- The Name for your field will help define what this name represents.
- Descriptions can be a good tool to keep track of further information to describe the field.
- The Field Format For Forms must be defined so that the separate components of the name appear as needed in forms. Read ahead for further information regarding this portion of the field.
The Field Format For Forms portion of the Name field can be broken down into 3 key components as follows:
- Add a field to your name.
- Reorder or Delete components.
- Label your components.
Let's take a closer look at these components through an example where we will add a field for a middle initial. By default, the Name Field will appear as follows in a form:
In this example, we will add a field, reorder the components, and configure a custom label. To begin, let's add a new field to our Name. There are a total of 4 field options to choose from: Title, First Name, Middle Name, and Last Name. For this example, we'll choose Middle Name.
Once the field is added, it will be placed after all the current fields. This is the point where we can click and drag to reorder the components of your Name. In addition, we will customize the label for Middle Name so that the form will prompt for the middle initial.
As a result of this configuration, our Name field will now appear as follows in our forms:
Upon saving our values, we can also observe how our Name is shown in our table components. While the Name receives three different values, it appears as one value in our component.